Pages

Mar 8, 2018

National Day of Unplugging



Friday, March 9th - 10th (sundown to sundown), is National Day of Unplugging.  There is a website promoting unplugging from your devices.

We increasingly miss out on the important moments of our lives as we pass the hours with our noses buried in our devices.


Are you addicted to your phone, notebook, or computer?  I, personally, can go without being "plugged in" without having withdrawals.  I find it very freeing to be disconnected from all technology.  I like not having a barrage of stuff coming at me at all times.  Know what I mean?  Usually if I'm on Facebook for a while I am either trapped :) in a car (just kidding) waiting on the hubs or its at night and I want to check in and see what my friends/family are up to.


If you were to unplug, what would you find yourself doing?  Reading a book, visiting with a friend/family member or taking a nap?  The weather here is supposed to be nice so I imagine I will be outdoors taking in the sun.  Something we didn't see much of in February as we had 81% cloud coverage.  Crazy, right?

I have several books I want to read...a couple I owe a book review on so I imagine I will be doing some reading, too.


Whatever you do, I hope you slow down and truly enjoy the time with your favorite people.

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie








No comments:

Post a Comment