Pages

Jul 11, 2017

Over the Weekend




We had a nice weekend.  We were much kinder and gentler with ourselves after working so hard last weekend.  :)  Here are a few pics of some of the planting we did last weekend (post here).

This photo was taken just inside the gate to our backyard.  Everything looks so nice and clean since we had it power washed.  My goal is to keep it up and power wash it on an as needed basis.


I am so happy to finally have flowers in my basket.  This basket hangs outside of our breakfast room window so I see it every time I walk into the kitchen.  It warms my heart to see the contrast of the red and yellow flowers.  The hubs chose the purple fountain grass so it will grow tall and flank each side of the basket.


From a distance, the red flowers kinda look like strawberries.


I ordered a new bench, two chairs and a side table from Cost Plus to replace our old set.  We had the original set for at least 12 years maybe longer.  Definitely way before we ever had a pool.  Over the course of the years we had stained it once and painted it four times.  Two years ago when I repainted the set (post here) I told the hubs it was starting to rot.  A couple of weeks ago he tells me they are rotting from the bottom.  Seriously?  He knew we were on borrowed time so I got busy searching for a new set to hopefully last us another 12 years.  :)

#costplus

I ordered the St. Martin occasional chairs, the bench and the side table.  It was all on sale with free shipping.  I was very happy when it arrived last Friday.  We had put our old set out at the street the Tuesday night before and someone had picked it up.  :)  Always remember one man's trash is another man's treasure.  

I am going to get some Minwax Helmsman Spar Urethane and apply two coats to all three pieces.  This should help protect it from the sun and the rain.


#minwax

We had two brand new chaise lounge chairs in the attic so we got those down and replaced the two at the end of the pool.  We put one of the old ones in the tanning deck area and the other one is hanging on the fence on the side of the house.

We also repotted the two hibiscus plants in the new pots on each side of the bench.  They look pretty weak in this pic but they are looking much better now.


The furniture is so comfortable.


 I changed out the red, white and blue mats and napkins for these bright ones.  I bought the mats last year at Dollar Tree and already had the napkins.


Have you been working on any projects lately?  I'd love to hear about them.

Hope  you have an awesome Tuesday!

xoxoxo

Debbie




No comments:

Post a Comment