Pages

Jul 19, 2017

Our Anniversary Celebration




Our anniversary weekend was pretty quiet with a lot of rain.  :)  Needless to say, the plans I had in my mind didn't turn out quite the way I wanted them to.  But that's life right?  :)

My original plan was to have a staycation poolside.  I had visions of decorating with fresh flowers, candles, an outdoor movie, dining al fresco, and a bottle of champagne (for me).  I shared my vision with the hubs, which being a guy, wondered what was I thinking?  I've been known to ignore his comments and do my own thing so I didn't let him discourage me.

However, mother nature had other plans for our my weekend.  The weather forecast showed rain starting at noon on Saturday.  So I decided I'd better come up with a Plan B.  Plan B was to decorate the table with red roses (I bought myself), rose petals, our beer steins from our wedding reception and fleur de lis glasses from Brooke's wedding.



I picked up a small cake at HEB.  It was vanilla with butter cream icing.


I used rhinestones from my decorating stash to add a little bling.


These roses were so fresh and beautiful.  The best part is they were only $6.99 a dozen at HEB.  What a deal!

One thing I've learned, after being married for 29 years, is to manage my expectations.  If I want roses, I buy roses.  I don't leave that to chance.


I pulled out red chargers to add more color.



We had grilled shrimp and baked potatoes for dinner.  I was so busy with the shrimp I totally forgot the green beans.  :)

Everything was so good!



The hubs was very surprised to see these steins.  Our names are engraved on them.



We had 2.5 inches of rain on Saturday.  I was so glad I had a Plan B to fall back on.  All in all, it was an okay weekend.  Let's just say it won't go down in history as one of my favorite weekends.  Gotta 
keep it real.




I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie




No comments:

Post a Comment